This is our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plan for the week of March 2nd. If you missed my first week’s post about our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. I will continue to post these lesson plans on Fridays of the week before they are meant to be used, so that you can be sure you have all the supplies you’d need to do these with us, if you’d like to join us.
How has your homeschooling week gone?
I’ve been trying hard to maintain a semblance of rhythm, but with my husband out of town and all of the appointments we’ve had for Sola’s upcoming eye surgery and Gohan’s application process for concurrent enrollment programs for the next school year, it has been hard. My parents also are visiting, which while adding a few more nonrhythmic activities, has provided some very nice breaks for me (plus, it is just nice to see them!).
- Seasonal Poem – Around the Year – March
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year – Pancake Tuesday (page 12)
- Seasonal Story – Spring: A Collection of Poems, Songs, and Stories – The Three Billy Goats Gruff (page 77)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make a goat
- Seasonal Activity –
- Make Fastnachts (Festivals, Families, and Food, page 12)
- Make a leprechaun peg doll set for your seasonal table
- Order pre-blown eggs for Easter
- Nursery Rhyme –
Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack jump over
I hope things are going well in your homeschool household. For those of you where the snowstorms are hitting, how are you holding up? Do you find it easier or more challenging to maintain your homeschool rhythm when you are cooped in the house all day?
We’d love for your to join us with our Waldorf kindergarten homeschooling. If you do, please leave a comment or link below to share your experiences!