How has your week of homeschooling been going? This week has gone much smoother than our first week of homeschooling did. I am loving doing some autumn crafts, as I am really excited for autumn to begin! It is my favorite season!
If you missed my first week’s post about our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. I will continue to post these lesson plans on Thursdays of the week before they are meant to be used, so that you can be sure you have all the supplies you need to do these with us, if you’d like.
Lesson Plan for Week of September 15
- Nursery Rhyme – Muffin Man
the muffin man, the muffin man?
Oh, do you know the muffin man,
who lives on Drury Lane?
Oh, yes, I know the muffin man,
the muffin man, the muffin man,
Oh, yes, I know the muffin man
who lives on Drury Lane.
- Seasonal Poem – Autumn: A Collection of Poems, Songs, and Stories – It’s golden in the tree tops… (page 36)
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year – Yellow the Bracken (page 67)
- Seasonal Story – Tell Me a Story – Corn Child and the Queen of the Night (page 120)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make an ear of corn
- Seasonal activity –
- Start collecting and preserving a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors of autumn leaves for several upcoming projects (directions for several methods of preserving leaves can be found here)
- Use some leaves now to make autumn leaf watercolor resist art
Did you find these lesson plans to be useful? If so, please leave a comment below to let me know how things went. I’d also love to see some photos of things you’ve made or read posts about your week.