This is our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plan for the week of February 9th. If you missed my first week’s post about our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. I will continue to post these lesson plans on Fridays of the week before they are meant to be used, so that you can be sure you have all the supplies you’d need to do these with us, if you’d like to join us.
How has your homeschooling week gone?
We enjoyed our Candlemas, lighting all the candles we made. Though clearly Sola doesn’t quite grasp the concept of candles. After cheerfully lighting all of the candles with me and watching them burn through out the day, at the end of the day, she suddenly looked at me all aghast and said, “You melted all of my candles!” Ummmm…. I wasn’t quite sure how to answer that one.
- Seasonal Poem – My Valentine Heart
- Seasonal Song – Oh, Will You Be My Valentine…
- Seasonal Story – The Valentine Baker of Pink or Tell Me a Story – A Million Valentine’s (page 98)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make a heart
- Seasonal Activity – Make some Valentines
- Nursery Rhyme – Roses are Red
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Sugar is sweet
And so are you.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Sola actually has horseback riding lessons that day and will be bringing her pony (not her own personal pony, mind you) a sugar cube Valentine.
We’d love for your to join us with our Waldorf kindergarten homeschooling. If you do, please leave a comment or link below to share your experiences!