This is our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plan for the week of February 23rd. If you missed my first week’s post about our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. I will continue to post these lesson plans on Fridays of the week before they are meant to be used, so that you can be sure you have all the supplies you’d need to do these with us, if you’d like to join us.
How has your homeschooling week gone?
I really can’t believe how quickly things seem to be going by lately! I never blogged about this before, but my husband was laid off during a large corporate layoff over the summer. He has had a new job for many months now and though the process was incredibly stressful, everything has worked out just fine. This week, however, one of my husband’s superiors walked into his office and asked him if he would like to take on a new position. Of course, he said yes, but it will be a stressful transition as he will be having much, much, much more responsibility, plus he will be traveling tons now. So this has put me in “traveling husband” mode, which means I need more help around the house, a more reliable car, etc. I suppose things are better now than when we were first married and he had to travel, in that I only have one little one and have two, almost three, children who can drive and have cars of their own (and help me with things, in theory). It will be nice to sit down with Sola this week to pick out the seeds for our garden and kind of focus on the simpler things in life, as the rest of the world seems to be swirling around us in a cloud of entropy.
- Seasonal Poem – Spring: A Collection of Poems, Songs, and Stories : The snowflakes sink down…. (page 17)
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year: Snowdrop Down (page 3)
- Seasonal Story – Tell Me a Story: Hidden Waters (page 193)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make a daffodil
- Seasonal Activity – Plan your spring garden and order seeds (note this site for planting schedules based on hardiness zones for those residing in the U.S.)
- Nursery Rhyme – Solomon Grundy
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.
I hope things are going well in your homeschool household, preferably without all the chaos that we are experiencing here. Though, I can’t complain about our unseasonably nice weather!
We’d love for your to join us with our Waldorf kindergarten homeschooling. If you do, please leave a comment or link below to share your experiences!