How was your homeschooling week? We only have one more week of driving Noctis to and from his classes and then we will be free to enjoy our homeschool days in a proper homeschooler fashion. I honestly do not know how public school parents deal with driving kids to and from school every single day of the year!
Here is our seasonally inspired homeschooling first grade lesson plan for week 7. Please refer to week 1’s post for a list of all the books that we are using this year.
- Review calendar and days’ schedule (continue to incorporate rhythm in to your homeschool)
- Song – Music Through the Grades: The Cool of Autumn (page 9)
- Nature Stories – Clara Dillingham Piersen’s Complete Among the People Series
- A Swarm Leaves the Bee Tree
- The Haughty Ground Hog
- Nature walk, journaling, and collecting
- Form Drawing Workbook – Page 38
- Recorder – Waldorf Teachers’ Companion to the Pentatonic Flute, page 15
- Main lesson – Fairy Mail – week 3
- Spanish – Duck Duck Moose Presents Jose-Luis Orozco: Compadre Cómpreme Un Coco (we will sing the same Spanish song for two weeks each – Spanish and English lyrics)
- Skip counting practice – Practice 5’s
- Handwork – work on finger knitting project (week 3 out of 4 for this project)
- Watercolor lesson – Painting and Drawing in Waldorf Schools – page 112, assignment #1
- Seasonal baking or craft –
- Make peg dolls that are “dressed” in Halloween costumes
- Set out Halloween book basket
- Set out Halloween items on nature table
Please, feel free to join us in this wonderful year of seasonally inspired first grade year of homeschooling. If you use any of our lesson plans or ideas, we’d love to hear from you!