How was your homeschooling week? We had another busy week, but we both have been enjoying all the holiday happenings. Sola went ice skating for the first time, which she really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I do not know how to ice skate well enough to take her myself, so she can only go if my husband takes her. I would sign her up for lessons, but she has no interest in them.
Here is our seasonally inspired homeschooling first grade lesson plan for week 15. Please refer to week 1’s post for a list of all the books that we are using this year.
- Review calendar and days’ schedule (continue to incorporate rhythm in to your homeschool)
- Song – Music Through the Grades: Music Through the Grades: Swinging Bells (page 18)
- Nature Stories – Clara Dillingham Piersen’s Complete Among the People Series
- The Chicken Who Wouldn’t Eat Gravel
- The Goose Who Wanted Her Own Way
- Nature walk, journaling, and collecting
- Form Drawing Workbook – Page 48
- Recorder – Waldorf Teachers’ Companion to the Pentatonic Flute, page 23
- Main lesson –
- Day 1 – Read The Seven Year Old Wonder Book (pages 102 – 129)
- Day 2 – draw picture from story and write title in main lesson book
- Day 3 – make modeling wax scene that is inspired by the story
- Spanish – Duck Duck Moose Presents Jose-Luis Orozco: El Chocolate (Spanish and English lyrics)
- Skip counting practice – Review 2’s, 10’s, 5’s, 3’s, and 4’s
- Handwork – Finish spool knitting project
- Watercolor lesson – Painting and Drawing in Waldorf Schools – page 118
- Seasonal baking or craft –
Please, feel free to join us in this wonderful year of seasonally inspired first grade year of homeschooling. If you use any of our lesson plans or ideas, we’d love to hear from you!