How was your homeschooling week? The holidays are coming up so fast! Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away. It seems like summer lasted forever, then fall took it’s time getting going, and then all of a sudden, wham! here we are.
Here is our seasonally inspired homeschooling first grade lesson plan for week 12. Please refer to week 1’s post for a list of all the books that we are using this year.
- Review calendar and days’ schedule (continue to incorporate rhythm in to your homeschool)
- Song – Music Through the Grades: November (page 15)
- Nature Stories – Clara Dillingham Piersen’s Complete Among the People Series
- The Wonderful Shiny Egg
- The Duckling Who Didn’t Know What to Do
- Nature walk, journaling, and collecting
- Form Drawing Workbook – Page 43
- Recorder – Waldorf Teachers’ Companion to the Pentatonic Flute, page 20
- Main lesson – Fairy Mail week 5
- Spanish – Duck Duck Moose Presents Jose-Luis Orozco: Los Pollitos (we will sing the same Spanish song for two weeks each – Spanish and English lyrics)
- Skip counting practice – Review 2’s, 10’s, 5’s, and 3’s
- Handwork – finish knitting fork project (note video above to learn how to use a knitting fork)
- Watercolor lesson – Painting and Drawing in Waldorf Schools – page 115
- Seasonal baking or craft – make a corn husk doll (note video above for directions)
Please, feel free to join us in this wonderful year of seasonally inspired first grade year of homeschooling. If you use any of our lesson plans or ideas, we’d love to hear from you!