How was your homeschooling week? We did not have such a good week. Sola caught a cold on Friday, but seemed to be getting better by Saturday evening, so we trick o’ treated still. Well, Sunday she woke up with a high fever and was quite ill. Then I caught the cold and due my suppressed immune system, am not doing great at fighting it off.
Here is our seasonally inspired homeschooling first grade lesson plan for week 11. Please refer to week 1’s post for a list of all the books that we are using this year.
- Review calendar and days’ schedule (continue to incorporate rhythm in to your homeschool)
- Song – Music Through the Grades: Lantern Song (page 10)
- Nature Stories – Clara Dillingham Piersen’s Complete Among the People Series
- The Story That the Swallows Didn’t Tell
- The Lamb with the Longest Tail
- Nature walk, journaling, and collecting
- Form Drawing Workbook – Page 42
- Recorder – Waldorf Teachers’ Companion to the Pentatonic Flute, page 19
- Main lesson – Fairy Mail week 4
- Spanish – Duck Duck Moose Presents Jose-Luis Orozco: Los Pollitos (we will sing the same Spanish song for two weeks each – Spanish and English lyrics)
- Skip counting practice – practice 3’s (above is a video with a song to practice 3’s)
- Handwork – knitting fork project (week 3 out of 4, note video above to learn how to use a knitting fork)
- Watercolor lesson – Painting and Drawing in Waldorf Schools – page 114, assignment #2
- Seasonal baking or craft
Please, feel free to join us in this wonderful year of seasonally inspired first grade year of homeschooling. If you use any of our lesson plans or ideas, we’d love to hear from you!