The first day of Autumn will be here next week! We are all very happy about that around here and are hoping for some autumnal weather to go with it. We are especially excited that the full moon is coinciding so closely with the first day of autumn and this weekend we will going to a Moon Viewing Festival at the Japanese Garden. These are the things we will be covering in our homeschool next week to celebrate autumn and to prepare for upcoming projects.
- Song – Music Through the Grades: Michael Song, page 29
- Poem – The Waldorf Book of Poetry: Thirty Days Hath September, page 71
- Seasonal Activities–
- Get out and explore your neighborhood, do bark rubbings of several trees in the area, look for autumn nature treasures for nature table and autumn nature fairies, go leaf hunting!
- Press or preserve some leaves for future crafts
- If you find some dandelion puffs while on your walk, try blowing a dandelion clock
What plans do you have to celebrate the first day of autumn?