If you missed my first week’s post about our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. This will be our last kindergarten post and I will start posting lesson plans for first at the end of August.
How was your week? Next week we will celebrate both, Midsummer Day on June 20th and the summer solstice on June 21st. Summer will be officially here!
Here is our lesson plan for the upcoming week:
- Seasonal Poem – Festivals, Families, and Food – Midsummer Night by Elizabeth Gould (page 51)
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year – Tomorrow is Midsummer Day… (page 48)
- Seasonal Story – Tell Me a Story – The Fairy Weaver (page 76)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make a strawberry
- Seasonal Activity – Go strawberry picking at a local u-pick and make some fresh strawberry shortcake with homemade whipped cream
- Nursery Rhyme
Come blow your horn,
The sheep’s in the meadow,
The cow’s in the corn;
Where is that boy
Who looks after the sheep?
Under the haystack
Will you wake him?
Oh no, not I,
For if I do
He will surely cry.
We’d love for your to join us with our Waldorf kindergarten homeschooling! If you do, please leave a comment or link below to share your experiences!