Last year, we made a felt Santa Lucia crown for Sola to wear on Santa Lucia Day, but I never posted about it. It was really easy to make and has held up all year, so I thought I would share the pattern and directions with you. To make this crown you need:
- Felt in red, light green, dark green, white and yellow (I used 100% wool felt)
- Wax Paper
- Mod Podge
- Fabric glue
- Using the pattern for a template, cut out four white candles, four yellow flames, some red berries, and lots of dark and light green leaves.
- To stiffen the felt pieces, mix 1 part Mod Podge and 1 part water in a bowl and stir with a craft stick until mixed. Dip the felt pieces in the mixture and set out to dry on the wax paper.
- Use fabric glue to attach leaves to each other to make the crown. Glue the candles to the inside of the crown. Glue the berries to the outside of the crown.
- Allow glue to dry and enjoy!
Do you celebrate Santa Lucia Day? If so, how do you celebrate it?