How was your September? It is hard to believe that it is October already! Our summer seemed to last forever and now the autumn is just flying by! This week Sola had her 6th birthday. Six is a big year in Waldorf. The year is referred to as the “six year change”.
If you missed my first week’s post about our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. I will continue to post these lesson plans on Thursdays of the week before they are meant to be used, so that you can be sure you have all the supplies you need to do these with us, if you’d like.
Waldorf Kindergarten Lesson Plan for Week of October 6
- Nursery Rhyme – If Wishes Were Horses
Beggars would ride.
If turnips were watches
I would wear one by my side.
And if if’s and an’s were pots and pans,
The tinker would never work!
- Seasonal Poem – The Singing Year – What Do You Suppose by Nicola Wickstead (page 71)
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year – We Are Walking (page 71)
- Seasonal Story – Tell Me a Story – Mother Earth and the Leaves (page 56)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make an autumn leaf
- Seasonal activity –
Did you find these lesson plans to be useful? If so, please leave a comment below to let me know how things went. I’d also love to see some photos of things you’ve made or read posts about your week.