Brazil Geography Unit
As I mentioned in a past posts, we are using Little Passports (affiliate link) for our geography “spine”. The first country kit that comes with the Little Passports subscription is for Brazil. We did a lot of activities for Brazil and I created a printable Brazil mapping worksheet. This worksheet includes all of the places that are covered in the Little Passport online activities. After the map, you’ll find our Brazil geography unit plan that we used.
You can follow the unit plan below, or here is a link to a printable copy of it.
- Complete Little Passports kit and online activities (put printouts in your geography notebooks if you want)
- Mapping – Brazil mapping assignment – (note the map on the little Passports website for extra information) – when you are done, add this map to your notebook
- Arts and Crafts – (you might want to add photos or art to your geography notebook)
- Tree frog oil pastel
- Romero Britto Art Lesson
- Make paper decorations for Junina The decorations are in Portuguese, but there are lots of photos that make it pretty easy to see what you need to do.
- Cooking – (you might want to add photos or recipe cards to your geography notebook)
- Black bean stew
- Pork Ribs
- Grilled pineapple
- Cheese Bread
- Passion Fruit Mousse
- Literature (you might want to add a print out of a story to your geography notebook) – Fairy Tales from Brazil
- Music – (you might want to add photos or music printouts to your geography notebook)
- Make a rainstick
- Mama Lisa’s World (let the pages load all the way to hear the songs or see the videos, they can be a bit slow loading)
- Brazilian Playground CD (Affiliate link)
- Extras – free booklet about Brazil (register for free to download)
- Science – rainforests (you might want to add photos or printouts to your geography notebook)
- Books about rainforests
- Make a rainforest in a jar
- Make a rainforest diorama
- Rainforest lapbook
- Animals of the Amazon Mini Book
- Rainforest worksheet
- Rainforest game (online game)
Do you subscribe to Little Passports? Regardless, I hope these resources about Brazil are helpful for you.