This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #Tips4Trips #CollectiveBias
Beating the heat has been often is a bug focus during the summer. One way that we like to cool off is to take day trips to Puget Sound islands, where it is often cooler.
In order to get around the Puget Sound, we have to take a ferry. The WSDOT ferry system can seem a bit overwhelming to newcomers, but is really pretty simple to navigate. The biggest help for us has been to use a smart phone to keep an eye on the ferry schedule and wait times. We recently purchased a new Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro at Walmart and signed up with Walmart Family Mobile service, which is $29.88/month (for the first line) for an unlimited talk and data/web service plan and includes up to 1G of 4G LTE data.
- Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/frw8 or your local Walmart for current pricing.
With this summer having been one of the hottest in Seattle’s history, we’ve gone on so many island day trips this summer, I’ve started leaving the car packed and ready to go at a moment’s notice with all of the necessary essentials.
My Puget Sound Island packing list is:
- Healthy snacks
- Bottled water
- Car games and toys (our current favorite is Spot It! On the Road)
- Inner tubes or other fun floats
- Air compressor
- Buckets and shovels (note that Washington beaches are often made of rocks actually, so other sand toys are not necessary)
- Kites (Washington beaches are a great place to fly kites and we even host an annual international kite festival)
- Picnic blanket
- Windbreakers (for the ferry or in case it gets too cold)
- Sun hats
- Umbrellas (no matter how hot and dry it is, it is just not smart to go anywhere in Washington State without an umbrella)
- Nature journaling kit (just because it’s summer, it doesn’t mean we can’t fit in a bit of schooling)
That’s what we have been doing to cool off this summer. What have you been doing? Are you traveling anywhere this summer? How can Walmart Family Mobile help you with your trips? Leave a comment and let me know!