This is our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plan for the week of November 3rd.
How was your homeschool week?
We had a big wind storm over the weekend and were without power for 24 hours. The wind was so loud, that combined with the pitch blackness, Sola was too scared to sleep, even with me sleeping with her. So she lost several hours sleep and has been sleep deprived all week, as a result. I’m hoping that she will get some extra sleep this weekend with the time change, but my kids don’t always react accordingly to time changes, so we shall see…
If you missed my first week’s post about our Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. I will continue to post these lesson plans on Thursdays of the week before they are meant to be used, so that you can be sure you have all the supplies you need to do these with us, if you’d like to join us. This week, I am adding three books to the list to help you with guiding your child in wet-on-wet watercolor painting, using modeling wax, and drawing with beeswax block crayons.
Lesson Plan for Week of November 3
- Nursery Rhyme – Hey Diddle Diddle
The Cat and the fiddle,
The Cow jumped over the moon.
The little Dog laughed,
To see such sport,
And the Dish ran away with the Spoon
- Seasonal Poem – Around the Year – November
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year – Hop Old Squirrel by K. Forrai (page 77)
- Seasonal Story – Autumn: A Collection of Poems, Songs, and Stories – The Giant Turnip (page 67)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make a squirrel
- Seasonal activity –
Did you find these lesson plans to be useful? If so, please leave a comment below to let me know how things went. I’d also love to see some photos of things you’ve made or read posts about your week.