This year, Sola will “officially” be in kindergarten. For those of you who are not familiar with Waldorf inspired learning, Waldorf kindergarten does not usually include academics. Instead, the focus continues to be on rhythm, story telling, poetry, music, art, handwork, and most of all, lots of playtime. This year, I thought I would share the Waldorf kindergarten homeschool lesson plans.
If you want to use our lesson plans for the year, we are using some basic Waldorf books as our resources for stories, poetry, and songs. These resources are:
Each week will have the following elements included – a nursery rhyme, a seasonal poem, a seasonal song, a seasonal story, drawing time, painting time, modeling time, and one, or more, seasonal activities, such as crafts, baking, gardening, etc.
- Nursery Rhyme – Humpty Dumpty
- Seasonal Poem – Around the Year – September
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year – Autumn is Near (Page 65)
- Seasonal Story – Tell Me a Story – Do What You Can (page 165)
- Drawing – using beeswax block crayons, draw a picture from this week’s story in your main lesson book
- Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling Wax (or other modeling material of your choice) – make a sunflower
- Seasonal activity – plant late-summer/early-autumn flowers, such as asters, mums, salvia, goldenrod, helenium, and sedum
So please, feel free to join us
in this wonderful year of Waldorf inspired kindergarten homeschooling. If you use any of our lesson plans or ideas, I’d love to hear from you!